NEW U7s September 2017
Age Group Secretary Message
Mobile: 07402 083382
6/9/2017- FURTHER UPDATES:
I have received a number of queries today about when the League starts and also team availability.
1. When does the League Start? :
The League is to start for the new U7s on the 9/9/2017 - this is a 6 week taster to get the kids playing. It will run up to October half term.
If you do not want to participate in games then please let me know ASAP so that I can take you off the fixture lists. From October you can play friendlies, Futsal or take a break. In March 2018 fixtures that run through the Summer will commence. The 23/9 and 30/9 is at Oxford Grove for the U7 festival. For these games you must try to attend.
Matches will be played on home venue pitches or on Central Hubs. These Hubs are to be finaslised for March 2018- for now there will be a mix of home venues on grass, or 3G. The Central Hubs arrnaged for the 9/9/2017 are at Burnden Park and Mossbank. These are subject to change for the 16/9/2017, and dates running up to October half term. The League is presently not running on the Powerleague for the 6 weeks, however due to any change in weather this may change. If you have a home venue I will try to accomodate you for the period, however for the 23/9 and 30/9 all games will be at Oxford Grove.
Players are to wear either plastic moulded studs or astros -(depending on weather) - no blades or metal studs.
Further information will be posted on here im due course. Please read in conjunction with the notes from the 4/9/2017.
Fixtures for the 9/9/2017 can be found on the U7 fixtures page.
There are 3 venues this week.
Home Venue, or a Central Hub at either Burnden Park or Mossbank JFC.
Please note it is the responsibility of the Team A Manager to confirm match details with the other two teams. With the home venues you can change the match time if required, however with the Central Hub you only have an hour time slot so must be ready to go on the hour as otherwise you have a knock on effect on the teams in the next slot.
So, some game house rules:- I call it home work for Matchdays
1. Print off a copy / or download the League Rules for 2017/2018- this can be found on the governance link to the BBDFL site. / fthen downloads.
2. All home Managers (Team A) to contact the opposition by Wednesday prior to the game to confirm match details. It is there responsibility to send me the results of each game by way of (e.g group A, and results) by 6.30 the day of the game. If I do not receive an email I cannot monitor team developments and match you up in close games.
3. All games are 18 minutes regardless of stoppages . This means you have 2 minues per game to turn the teams around for the next KO.
4. The Manager whose team is not in a match must referee the game for the other two teams. When refereeing please give the players the opportunity to correct their mistakes / let them have another go (For example throw in, show them how to do it correctly and let them take it again. Back passes- don't just stop the play). The big word is "EDUCATE".
5. At all venues, coaches and teams are to stand on the opposite side of the pitch from spectators / parents. So on grass venue, you stand on the other side of the pitch to the spectator line. There should be no more than 2 coaches per team at pitch side. Finally all coaches must stand on one side of the pitch , and not behind the goal. At grass pitch venues, all parents / spectators must stand behind a respect barrier or line.
6. No parents or spectators are to enter the field of play either before, after or during a game (this includes an injury to a player).
7. Please donot coach the players from the touchline, it is their game time. Encourage by all means but no shouting or barking commands - these are children, it is their game so please let them enjoy it.
8. Lastly, cancellation of games- these need to be done by email no later than either Monday evening before the fixture to be cancelled, or if fixtures are not made available until Monday then no later than Tuesday evening. The only exception is cancelled games due to the weather. Please always contact me prior to weather cancellations. If you have any closed dates (e.g holidays etc then let me know).
Other areas to cover:
1. ITeammate registrations- please complete as soon as possible- ideally before the 9/9/2017.
2. Some clubs / teams are under the impression that the U7s do not start until March 2017. This is not the case, there are games from 9/9/2017 right through to October 2017 half term. If you cannot play the 9/9/2017 for what ever reason then please let me know. The main dates to cover for your diary this month are the Futsal this Sunday 10/9/2017 and 23rd & 30th for games are Oxford Grove.
As always, if you have any queries then let me know.
Thank you for your support.
Hi to all the new U7s to the BBDFL. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your journey with us.
First of all I have set up a contacts page. When you get a minute,please check your details are correct.
I have had a few questions regarding when the league starts.
The first games will be from the 9/9/2017. I will be providing further details for you over the coming weeks.
First up, our free Futsal introduction for the new U7s. This is on Saturday 2/9 12-1 at Smithills School, Bolton BL1 6JS. Please let me know if you are attending.
If you have any queries or questions in the meantime then drop me an email.