Respect Code of Conduct for Coaches, Tea ...
Respect Code of Conduct for Coaches, Team Managers and Club Officials
In our 2014-15 handbook which has been issued to all clubs and available on this website we define our Respect Code of Conduct
RESPECT CODE OF CONDUCT For COACHES, TEAM MANAGERS & CLUB OFFICIALS
On and off the field you will:
• Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers, officials and spectators
• Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game
• Promote fair play and high standards of behaviour
• Always respect the match officials decision
• Never enter the field of play without the referees permission
• Never engage in public criticism of the match officials
• Never engage in or tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour.
When working with the players you will:
• Place the well being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything, including winning
• Explain exactly what you expect of players and what they can expect from you
• Ensure all parents/carers of all the players under the age of 18 understand these expectations
• Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying
• Develop mutual trust and respect with every player to build their self esteem.
• Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance
• Ensure all activities organised are appropriate for the players age, ability level and maturity.
• Co-operate fully with others e.g. doctors, officials, welfare officers for each players best interests